Job Purpose: Participate in veterinary clinical care, surgical assistance, and research related technical support for pre-clinical research studies in a contract research organization.
- Perform a variety of technical procedures including animal restraint, venipuncture, radiology, surgical assistance, and drug administration in support of pre-clinical research. Animal models include, but are not limited to, livestock, rodents, rabbits, and canines.
- Administer and monitor anesthesia, prepare animals for surgery and serve as circulating nurse as directed
- Monitor post-operative recovery and administer medications as prescribed
- Communicate animal health concerns to the clinical veterinarian
- Ensure complete and accurate maintenance of animal records
- Adhere to institutional standard operating procedures
- Assist with necropsy and specimen preparation
- Gather, compile and summarize data in conjunction with assigned experiments, regulatory requirements, etc.
- Interact with researchers and participate in study planning and conduct as directed.
- Operate and maintain veterinary, imaging, and other laboratory equipment.
- Perform other related duties as assigned. This may include assistance with animal husbandry.
- Required to work weekends and extended shifts
- Education: Two years of college, technical or trade school, OR a high school diploma or equivalent with related work experience
- Work Experience: One to two years job related experience
- Certifications: N/A
Skills: This job requires working knowledge of veterinary technical procedures with a special emphasis on anesthesia and surgical support.
- Preferred Education:
- Preferred Work Experience: One year experience in a GLP research setting, one to two years’ experience in a laboratory animal setting preferred
- Preferred Certifications: AALAS certification, RVT, LVT, CVT
- Preferred Skills: Veterinary technical experience with laboratory animals, livestock, or rodents
Impact & Influence: This position will interact on a consistent basis with: academic and research faculty, industry sponsors, and co-workers. This position typically will advise and counsel: NA. This position will supervise: NA.
Please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org along with the position of interest below in the subject line. The hiring manager will contact you directly.
Note: Selected candidates will be required to complete the hiring application via the Georgia Institute of Technology Human Resources website and fulfill the Georgia Institute of Technology hiring requirements. The hiring manager will provide you with the requisition number to complete the application.